RTÉ have announced who their Mentors for their 2013 Eurovision entry to Malmo are. It is an interesting line up and different to past line ups so we may see a few different type of acts at the National Final.
So who are they?
- Mairéad Farrell – Radio (Today FM) and television presenter.
- Shay Healy – Songwriter and performer, who composed What’s Another Year? the winning song for Ireland in the 1980 contest.
- Mark McCabe – Radio DJ and producer. (Remember Maniac 2000?)
- Niall Mooney – Songwriter who was part of the team behind the Irish entries in 2009 and 2010.
- Stuart O’Connor – Producer
The National Final will again take place in the new year on a Late Late Show Eurosong special and the winner will be decided by a combination of Public and Jury votes.
It is your chance to vote in the final of the Eurovision Song Contest. It is time to make your choice of the 26 countries that have made it to the final of the 57th Eurovision Song Contest in Baku.
Will the favourites Sweden win? Or will neighbours Norway pip them to it? Can Jedward do it for Ireland or will Italy win bragging rights? Will the Russia grannies show they can do it like the youngsters? (That is enough name dropping – Ed.)
So you know the deal! Pick your top ten award them points 12, 10, and 8-1.
So vote here
See the results here
See the animated scoreboard here
- EBU Press Conference (escireland.com)
- Jedward through to Eurovision Finals (newstalk.ie)
- First Semi-Final concludes, we have ten finalists! (eurovision.tv)
The Second Semi Final of the 57th Eurovision Song Contest has ended in Baku, Azerbaijan. 10 countries qualified to join the automatic finalists (Big 5 and the host nation) and the 10 qualifiers from the First Semi Final on Tuesday night.
The automatic finalists are United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Azerbaijan.
Joining them are tonight’s qualifiers; Lithuania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Ukraine, Sweden, FYR Macedonia, Norway, Estonia, Malta and Turkey.
Jon Ola Sand, the Executive Supervisor, Sietse Bakker, the Event Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest and Annika Nyberg Frankenhaeuser the new Media Director and representing Ictimai TV the Host Broadcaster, Adil Kermu, Tahir Mamadov and Camran Agasi held a Press Conference this afternoon in Baku following last night’s staging of the Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest.
Tonight saw the first Semi-Final of the 57th Eurovision Song Contest take place in Baku. In what was an agonising wait for Ireland fans we clinched the “Golden Ticket” and the last spot in the final. The other qualifiers were Romania, Moldova, Iceland, Hungary, Denmark, Albania, Cyprus, Greece and Russia.
Tonight sees the first National Final to select a song to send to the 57th Eurovision Song Contest in Baku next May. Switzerland again will be the first to choose. 14 acts from across different musical styles will compete for the chance.
It all kicks off at 20:05 CET (19:05 GMT) in Bodensee Arena in Kreuzlingen with the Televoters having their say.
The show will be broadcast on SF 1 and La 2 for those in Switzerland and will be streamed online also!
- Swiss National Final – The Running Order (escireland.com)
- Concerns About Lys Assia’s Health (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
- 38 Countries preparing for Baku (escireland.com)
Ahead of Saturdays Swiss National Final it is time for your say on who you would like to win the the Swiss Final.
- Editorial: Assessing the Swiss National Final (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)
The running order for the Swiss National Final was announced tonight on twitter. The entrants shall perfrom in the following order:
- Patric Scott feat. Fabienne Louves – Real Love
- Emel – She
- Chiara Dubey – Anima Nuova
- Guillermo Sorya – Baby Baby Baby
- Macy – Shining
- Sosofluo – Quand je ferme les yeux
- Atomic Angels – Black Symphony
- Ivo – Peace and Freedom
- Ze Flying Zézettes Orchestra – L’autre
- Raphael Jeger – The Song In My Head
- I Quattro – Fragile
- Sinplus – Unbreakable
- Lys Assia – C’était ma vie
- Katherine St-Laurent – Wrong to let you go
- The Swiss National Final (escireland.com)
- Switzerland: The Full National Final Line-Up (eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com)